Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Staying Hungry


When starting a business or anything that is tough one thing you often hear is to stay hungry or put yourself into a position you have to succeed. With the new house I have semi-put myself into this position. I can live on my paychecks but it would suck and when I don't have to suffer too much I prefer not to :).

Now, advice like "staying hungry" is one thing to hear but it is one another to live it. Now that I am starting to live it I can totally understand why people offer this advice. The few people who know me, know I work a decent amount but now besides wanting to work a lot I try to prioritize on how much money it will make me (both in the short and long term). I am not sure how this feeling will play out over the next few years but I think it will be a positive change for me.

On top of all this I see it as another way for me to get my software service off the ground. I just have to learn to balance the short-term and long-term. Juggling 3-4 projects that are all do within the next few months and building a piece of software is tough, throw a full-time job on to that and it gets even more trying :). I think I am going to blog about it along with how I manage my time. It might be interesting at least for me to look at it in a few years.

Well back to work.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home