Monday, June 11, 2007

Smart People...


This might be my cynical attitude getting to me but I have noticed something and it seems to be getting more noticeable.

Below are a few statements I have heard over the past few months:
- Microsoft has tons of smart people
- Google only hires the best and the brightest
- FogCreek only hires the rockstars

Now that sounds like a shit-ton of smart people. We will just turn a blind eye to all of the people sitting in Universities doing research. How can there be that many smart people? Either I have a different definition of "smart" or people are just too optimistic about their own and other people's abilities.

Well it is something to think about. I sure as hell don't know the answer, but of course I don't consider myself smart. Maybe I should go ask the people who do consider themselves to be that l33t :P.

Also, yes I know that the examples are all technology companies. I know it happens in other industries it is just I am around technology so those are the examples I can pull out of my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home