Tuesday, September 02, 2008

But what would I have to offer?

This weekend I said to a guy I know that he should start moonlighting.  Why?  Because he complains about not having money and/or he says he could never beat the amount of money I make.  Of course I think that is utter bullshit, but, I recognize this as more of a self-defeating attitude.  But I was musing on the excuse given which is the title of this post "but what would I have to offer," that has more ramifications than I expect most people to realize.  The simplest one is this, if you have no idea how people on a free market would use your services, why would an employer hire you?  Anyone can be a grunt, so what sets you apart?  My guess is that these same people also have a hard time getting a job or always feel they couldn't get a specific job.  Because really even if we are a wage-slave we are just internal consultants to all of the other employees.  We need to provide some type of value that few people can deliver.  Sure, that takes a little bit to figure out (shit I am still figuring it out) but it is something to keep in mind.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home