Thursday, May 01, 2008

Password Stupidity

I was setting up a WordPress install for a client part of which was setting up a new database. I go into their crappy ass management tool and setup the database, as usual I put in some non-alphanumeric characters for part of the password and I get the following message:

Your password can not contain any of the following characters: question mark, space, caret, single quote, double quote, colon, backslash, dollar sign, ampersand, greater than, less than, tilde, semi-colon, accent.


All I can say is WTF! If that doesn't smell like there is come crappy code I don't know what does. Let alone that it lowers the security of the password, argh! It is like putting a maximum limit of 15 characters for a password, give me a break! At least put in upper limit at something most people wouldn't use like say 100 :). Well before I really get on my soapbox I better get back to working on client stuff.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home