Friday, June 13, 2008

OSX Leopard in a Virtual Machine

Well, this morning started out good. For the longest time I have wanted to have OS X running in its own Virtual Machine (VM), so I can do some security testing without hosing my main box and because I don't have enough spare money to buy a kick around Mac. I started to research it earlier this week and found out that since the last time I looked into it someone has created a VMWare image of OS X, sweet!

After a few days of downloading (36 different rar files on a file share site, blah!), I have it running and here is a screen cap to prove it :).


Pretty cool, eh? Maybe it is the just the geek in me or the caffeine slowly seeping into my body but I am just f'ing happy right now.

The link I found this information at is http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=48
(bonus points if you can tell me the CMS they are running just by looking at the URL :P).

Also, since it is 36 separate files to d/l this, if you want you can email me and I will post up one large archive for you to d/l off of my server.

So, what am I going to do with this? There are many different things I can/want to do. I think the first thing on my plate will be to fuzz the shit out of Safari and see what crashes and potential exploits can be found. I have had a client have a web page that crashes Safari so I am sure there is tons more I just don't think many people are looking yet :P.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home