Monday, June 09, 2008

Frameworks for SaaS

I am seeing a new business emerge which I think is kind of cool.  Basically it is frameworks/providers for building Software-As-A-Service applications.  I have been a fan of SaaS before it was called that, so, it is cool to see it get some hype.  

Two examples of these frameworks are:


Both of these are very interesting ideas and I think we will see many developers and business people take advantage of this.  Although I am a bit worried about SaaS becoming way too over-hyped but that is another blog post all on its own.  

What does this mean for the future?  I see two things happening.
1) There is going to be more and more SaaS applications built, which will be great for cost.  Harder to differentiate yourself (think of blogs right now).
2) There is some good money in getting into this framework niche now.  

Well back to work....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home