Saturday, October 27, 2007

Uh-oh First Crash in Leopard


I was using my laptop at my favorite coffee shop and it froze, doh! This is my first crash since I have loaded Leopard and it didn't even take 24 hours :). Granted I wasn't doing anything crazy so I was lucky. What is my point?

Well I looked at the error and it was this:

'panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0039CDE0): "m_free: freeing an already freed mbuf"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228/bsd/kern/uipc_mbuf.c:2742'

Nothing crazy right? Wrong! This is called a double free bug and it can be a security vulnerability. From my limited understanding of these types of bugs it is considered vulnerable until proven other wise. I will have to look into it more when I have time (not sure when that will be).

Details about Double Free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home