Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh the kids these days


Tonight I found out one my girlfriend's little brothers setup a web proxy on my server. Needless to say I told him to get it off of there, something about an open proxy on a server connected to a nice fat connection just settles wrong with me. Granted when I was 15 I would have been jumping up and down with glee. I understand why he did it but boy have the kids changed! When I was growing up it would have been a big deal if someone found some pr0n in my room, now a days it is more worrisome if I know they are hacking.

There is nothing wrong with kids hacking, shit I did it as a youth. But, the laws have changed and the underground culture is a tad bit different. Am I hypocrite for telling him to knock it off? I feel a little bit like it but at the same time I don't. When I was doing it we had our own servers or found random ones. With that in my mind I don't feel too bad, that and knowing my parents had no clue what I was doing in my room so they couldn't tell me to knock it off :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home