Thursday, March 29, 2007

Yet another thing to distract people in public places....


The other night I was watching TV while I ate dinner and a commercial for some cell phone company came on advertising a new service. Not all that interesting I know, except that it was for TV over cell phones. Yes, they have offered this type of service for the past few years but I don't remember seeing a commercial for it (of course I could just be totally out of it because I live in a f'ing geeky cave :)). Even though this reminds of the 80s (or early 90s) when they tried to put TVs on your watch and have hand-held TVs this scares me more. I can just imagine some yokel driving down the highway busting a gut at something that Stewey from the Family Guy just did and not see the other SUV up a head of him stop for a squirrel in the road.

So, lets add this to all the distractions people can have while in public places: texting, cell phone calls, advertisements, other people, other objects, personal music devices (iPods and the like), gaming devices, computers, email and now TV shows.

I didn't know being in public places could be so boring as to need all of these distractions :). I guess we do like to wrap ourselves in what we find comfortable but this seems extreme or maybe I am just getting old.

Well back to consuming my morning coffee, thank god for caffeine!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home