Friday, July 21, 2006

Delphi 2006


So at my day gig we use Delphi. Now some people reading this might not know what Delphi is, so for everyone who doesn't know Delphi is a RAD-IDE using a slightly modified version of Pascal. Now I am not that fond of Delphi period but that is what we use at work and my job pays the bills - for the time being - so who am I to complain?

Well Delphi2006 sucks hairy goat balls! Why? Well first off it is a memory hog and is slower than I am before my first cup of coffee. Secondly, it crashes when forcing a quit while debugging. Thirdly when inspecting variables inside of dlls/bpls it just chokes up and you can no longer run your program inside of the IDE.

I could probably find a few other things wrong but the Delphi IDE has gone down hill since Delphi7 in massive ways.

Ok the rant is now over back to wrestling with a stupid IDE...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home